- 1 cup of dry beans will make 2 1/2 cups of cooked beans – about 4 servings
- Rinse to remove any dirt and stones,
- Cover with 3 – 4 times the volume in warm water and soak overnight
- Discard old water. Add fresh water and bring to the boil
- Pour this water off and add a fresh batch, and continue boiling until beans are soft
In place of salt try our vegetable stock for delicious flavour
Cooking time: 60 minutes for most beans, 20- 60 minutes for lentils, 4 hours for chickpeas
Tomato & Baked Bean Soup.
There are no reviews yet.