Soak overnight in cold water, drain and rinse. Â Cover with fresh water, bring to boil, and cook for 1 – 2 hours. Add salt or Mary-Ann’s Veg Stock near the end of the cooking time. Drain and serve, or freeze in serving portions.
- 1 – 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 Tbs Tahini
- 1 flat tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 tsp M-A’s Garlic & Herb Salt
- Juice of 1 – 2 lemons
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup filtered water
- Blend ingredients together until smooth.
Chickpea, Cabbage, Avocado and Sun dried tomato salad
- 3-4 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 Ripe Avocado, diced
- 2 Red Peppers, chopped
- 1-2 tins chickpeas, drained or 1-2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1-2 cup sun dried or 2-3 fresh tomatoes diced
- 1-2 cup olives, pitted and sliced
- 2-3 Tbsp. Cold pressed olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. Mary-Ann’s Garlic & Herb salt
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, gentle, so as not to mash the Avocado. If the Avos are very ripe, add them last. Serve with Main course or as light, nutritious lunch with homemade bread, flax crackers, rice cakes or potato rosti.
There are no reviews yet.