No need to soak. Rinse well under cool running water. Cook on med to low heat for 60-100 minutes. For delicious flavour add a teaspoon of our Veg Stock while cooking. Drain and serve or freeze in serving portions.
Spicy lentil casserole
- 2 cups Lentils
- 2 cups Barlotti or Butter Beans
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 2.5 cm fresh ginger
- half tsp. dried chilli
- 3 spring onions or leeks finely chopped
- 3-4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1-2 cups tomato puree
Simmer tomato puree and spices for 10 minutes. Add rest of ingredients & simmer gently until just heated through. Stir in the following ingredients & serve; Half cup coconut or cashew cream.
Serve with brown rice, baked potato or with polenta fingers and fresh coriander leaves.
Best ever Lentil soup
- 1 packet Mary-Ann’s Lentils rinse well and place in a pot with 6-8 cups water
- Bring to the boil and add 2-4 heaped tsp Mary-Ann’s Vegetable stock powder
- simmer gently until the lentils are soft – about 20 minutes
- Then add 1-2 cups sliced or diced carrots and 5 minutes later 1-2 cups sliced or diced baby marrows (zucchini)
- simmer until veggies are done
Like vegan “chicken soup for the soul” mmm…..
There are no reviews yet.